Geodemographic Segmentation and Data Mining
It is often said that a picture is worth a thousand words. This is particularly true when identifying where target segments come from, who they are, and what is their current purchase behaviour and potential.
McGregror Tan helps clients to interrogate ABS Census, and analyse and make sense of clients’ customer bases.
Combined with its proprietary MarketSpend™ geodemographic segmentation tool, the company provides easy and effective geographic segmentation for sales areas and target markets by identifying:
- Demographic concentrations
- Potential segment expenditure
- Current level of segment spend penetration
- Retail trade catchment areas from which customer draw is strongest
The core component of MarketSpend™ is a powerful market simulation model developed by McGregor Tan Research that provides a demographic and socio economic profile of about
600 different consumer products and services.
Examples of clients who have used the firm’s service in this area have included:
- major shopping centres (trade catchment analysis)
- local councils and regional natural resource management boards (profiling of service users)
- charities (geosegmentation of donors and where they live)
- developers (potential users for housing and marina services and
- museums and art galleries (catchment and profiling)